We want you to enjoy using our products. However we want to know if someone has a reaction to our products, it's therefore very important to inform us. By telling us you are providing the industry with invaluable information to help ensure cosmetic products continue to be safe to use for the general population. We always monitor any trends in reported reactions and if on the very rare occasion a problem is identified with a cosmetic product, appropriate action will be taken by Karla Cosmetics.
If you believe you have had a reaction please contact our team within 48 hours of using your product with the below information:
1. Stop using the suspected product(s) and wash off any remaining product that you may have applied.
2. Unless the reaction clears up quickly, seek medical attention and advice.
3. If at any time you feel your reaction requires urgent medical attention, do not hesitate to contact your doctor or even visit a hospital casualty/emergency department.
4. A discussion with your healthcare professional should identify the cause of your reaction and help you to avoid such a reaction in the future.
5. It is important to identify if the reaction is to a specific ingredient, as you could react to the same substance in another product.
What happens next?
Once you have contacted us, we will record and investigate the adverse reaction. This is required by the legislation. In order to do this, you will be asked to provide information about yourself, the product and the circumstances of the reaction. Those details may be asked over the telephone or you may be asked to complete a form and return it to the company. Those details will be kept confidential in accordance with UK/EU data protection legislation. We will usually ask you to return the product. This is normal and will enable us to identify the specific product batch to make sure the complaint can be investigated fully. If you have sought medical attention, we may ask for permission to communicate with your own doctor. This is to help us to better understand the potential causes and the exact type of the reaction and, if appropriate, to decide what to do to minimise the risk of it happening to someone else. Karla Cosmetics will never contact your doctor directly without your written permission.
Karla Cosmetics reserve the right to request a Doctors’ letter and/or photo of the reaction. Please read the manufacturers’ leaflet or the information on the product to see if they are likely to cause you any problems.
All descriptions, ingredients, instruction of use regarding products on our site have been provided by the manufacturers. If you have any concerns regarding the safety of certain ingredients, please contact your doctor or us directly for further information.
Final check: Please make sure your product hasn’t ran out of date. This can cause reactions. All cosmetics have a time frame of usage. You must discard after the shelf date has ended.